Hello list,

I’m in search  of an accessible VOIP desktop client with Jaws as it is the
screen reader I’m using.

I’m currently using Skype and a Skype telephone number. My subscription
comes due in a few weeks and before I renew for another  year, I wanted to
see if there was perhaps another option out there that is equal to or more
accessible than skype. I know there’s Vonage and I guess MagicJack and
grasshopper, but I’m also looking for something that I can use to take and
receive calls on a computer with all the regular functions like call
waiting, forwarding, voicemail, etc.

I’m a big time Google Voice user, but the one drawback is that there’s no
real way to easily answer/make calls from the computer  with GV/Hangouts
and Jaws. I currently have my GV business line forward to my Skype number
where I can then manage incoming/outgoing  calls.

Free or Paid is fine. I’m just looking for something that is reliable and
accessible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.