There is no jboss-web.xml descriptor describing the security domain
under which authentication should occur. See the getting started guide
where a WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml file is described as being required
to enable security:

<jboss-web>
	<security-domain>java:/jaas/other</security-domain>
</jboss-web>