I suppose I am after a few things. Initially my
thought was a standard simple test that will permit a
company to test it against several servers to see
which one fits the bill for performance, price, etc.
You mention a test suite that does this, I didn't even
think about that.

My second thought is a tool that like the big boys,
can simulate virtual users, run nodes on each "client"
machine to simulate them, and aggregate data, as well
as have nodes on the server side, maybe even the DB
side to monitor things like cpu utilization,
request/response timing, and so forth. All of that
data is aggregated to the central client where you
control various nodes, configure them, etc.

I know tools from Mercury Interactive and others can
do this, but at astronomical costs they are not
feasible to a small company. But that is more or less
what I am after.

name=smime.p7s