I pulled and tried xslt-process on Emacs 20.6 using Xalan.

There are a few problems:

1) messages never make it into the *xslt-messages* or
*xslt-output* buffers.

Worse, the things barfs with a message about xalan not being
found
even though I have xalan.jar and xerces.jar on the relevant
classpath -- I'm attaching what shows up in the *Messages*
buffer which indicates that for some reason it is not
finding its own xslt.Xalan1 class.

As you can see the xslt.jar
file is in the classpath to bsh --
but for some reason bsh doesn't appear to like it.

I tried running bsh by hand from a shell with the
appropriate classpath to see if I had some emacs dependency
--but I got the same errors
I'll simply attach the bsh invocation line and the error bsh
gave--
10:06:15 raman tvraman $ java -classpath
"/home/tvraman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/jde/java/bsh-commands:/home/tvraman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/jde/java/lib/jde.jar:/home/tvraman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/jde/java/lib/bsh.jar:/home/tvraman/java/src:/home/tvraman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/xslt-process-1.0/java/xslt.jar"
  bsh.Interpreter
BeanShell 1.0 beta - by Pat Niemeyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
bsh % xalan1.invoke("/tmp/foo.xml", "/tmp//xsltout17395LF2");
// Error: bsh.EvalError: bsh.EvalError: Method invocation on void: xalan1.invoke :  :
xalan1 .invoke ( "/tmp/foo.xml" , "/tmp//xsltout17395LF2" )
bsh % import xslt.Xalan1;
bsh % xalan1.invoke("/tmp/foo.xml", "/tmp//xsltout17395LF2");
// Error: bsh.EvalError: bsh.EvalError: Method invocation on void: xalan1.invoke :  :
xalan1 .invoke ( "/tmp/foo.xml" , "/tmp//xsltout17395LF2" )
bsh %
bsh % xslt.Xalan1 x;
// Error: bsh.EvalError: Class: xslt.Xalan1 not found in namespace :