/ Paul Kinnucan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh writes:
|  > / Paul Kinnucan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
|  > | Which version of the JDK are you using?
|  >
|  > 1.2.2 on Linux.
|
| Does setting jde-db-debugger to oldjdb help?

Thanks, Paul. That helped (some). I now get further:

cd /projects/sun/resolver/
jdb -classpath
/usr/local/jaxp-1.1/jaxp.jar:/projects/apache/xml-xerces/java/build/classes:/projects/sun/resolver/.classes:/home/ndw/java
 xread /sourceforge/docbook/xcatalog

Initializing jdb...
> Deferring breakpoint xread.main.
It will be set after the class is loaded.
> run xread /sourceforge/docbook/xcatalog

VM Started: Set deferred breakpoint request xread:22

Line 22 is the first assignment statement at the top of the main
method. Unfortunately, that breakpoint is apparently never encountered.
It just "hangs".

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | 'I have done that,' says my memory. 'I
http://nwalsh.com/            | cannot have done that'--says my pride,