Norman Walsh writes:
 > / Paul Kinnucan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
 > | Norman Walsh writes:
 > |  > / Paul Kinnucan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
 > |  > | Which version of the JDK are you using?
 > |  >
 > |  > 1.2.2 on Linux.
 > |
 > | Does setting jde-db-debugger to oldjdb help?
 >
 > Thanks, Paul. That helped (some). I now get further:
 >
 > cd /projects/sun/resolver/
 > jdb -classpath
 >/usr/local/jaxp-1.1/jaxp.jar:/projects/apache/xml-xerces/java/build/classes:/projects/sun/resolver/.classes:/home/ndw/java
 > xread /sourceforge/docbook/xcatalog
 >
 > Initializing jdb...
 > > Deferring breakpoint xread.main.
 > It will be set after the class is loaded.
 > > run xread /sourceforge/docbook/xcatalog
 > >
 > VM Started: Set deferred breakpoint request xread:22
 >
 > Line 22 is the first assignment statement at the top of the main
 > method. Unfortunately, that breakpoint is apparently never encountered.
 > It just "hangs".

Okay, I was hoping that the problem was that the default version of jdb with Linux JDK
1.1.2 is oldjdb. It appears to be the new jdb. Try renaming the oldjdb in the JDK bin
directory to jdb (after renaming jdb to something else). That might at least get you
going with the old version of jdb. Meanwhile, when I have some time, I'll see if I can
guess why you were getting the Lisp error with new jdb.

- Paul