Andy Piper writes:
 > I guess its about time I subscribed to this list to work through some
 > XEmacs /NTissues. Here is my first one:
 >
 > I want to set up the jde-global-classpath in my prj.el file so that I can
 > run XEmacs from desktop (no shell environment). I thought this might be as
 > simple as running XEmacs in my project root, doing
 >
 > (setq jde-global-classpath (jde-get-global-classpath))
 > (jde-save-project)
 >
 > but for some reason this setting doesn't get saved in my prj.el
 > How do I do this?

You must use customize-variable to set JDEE variables. This is
because all JDEE variables are defcustom variables and when
the JDEE loads a Java file it sets jde- variables
to the value specified by the customized-value property of the variable,
if specified, otherwise to the default value for the the variable.
If you do not use customize-variable or do not set the customized-value
property yourself, the customized-value property will be nil and you
will always get the default value.

 > As a helper it would be great if jde had some function like
 > `jde-import-environment' which created a prj.el file based on the environment.

How would the JDEE know what environment variables to use? Further,
the JDEE already uses the standard CLASSPATH variable if you do not
specify jde-global-classpath.

- Paul