The variable load-path will be set/added to in your .emacs file. To see
what it contains, do a "M-x describe-variable [RET] load-path [RET]". If
it contains the wrong speedbar, you should fix your .emacs so that it
doesn't add that entry to the load path. I would also look for any other
occurrence of the speedbar directory and move it out of the way, and
when things work, delete it.

HTH,

Petter