Hi, Michael,

Michael Bouschen wrote:

Hi Michelle,

thanks for testing.

Hi, Michael,

The tests still don't pass because you are attempting to delete the PCPoints before the PCRects. Even though it is one transaction, you have to change the order as I did below.

I agree we need to change the order and delete PCRect instances first as you suggest. The cleanup code should succeed in any case. But maybe this scenario is an interesting test for the TCK delete test. I think the JDO implementation should reorder the SQL DELETE statements according to the foreign keys in the database such that the transaction succeeds no matter which instances the user deleted first in the JDO transaction.

Interesting point. I hadn't considered that. Is it in the spec?

The cleanup appears to happen correctly now so the PMF is closed. But I don't see a failure message, just "FAIL". I don't know why this is.

Yes, just getting "FAIL" is strange. I need to run the test cases you suggest below and figure out the details.

In general, the tests are not giving as much feedback when they fail as I would expect.

Does this hold you up or does the current changes of JDO_Test and PersistenceManagerTest allow you to continue with the TCK tests?

This is not holding me up. You can check in now or later, whatever works for you.

Thanks!!

-- Michelle

Regards Michael

I am using CurrentTransaction as the test case. I believe that ConcurrentPersistenceManagersSameClasses leaves behind the PCRects that PersistenceManagerTest then tries to delete when CurrentTransaction is run. These two run in sequence when you run maven runtck.jdori, so you can just watch for them to scroll by. Or you can be more clever and just run the two tests in sequence.

-- Michelle