Hello everybody,
I working on the model from the field of social simulation. I am using RePast
and Jess to make my agents think in a declarative way. At the moment I have a
separate Jess instance for every agent (300 agents = 300 Rete instances). I was
just wondering if it is possible to have some central place for putting
information which is accessible form every Rete instance. For example every
agent needs to now some facts about the world and I would like to store in not
in the agent's working memory but somehow separately. I was thinking of making
a Java template and refer to it as a shadow fact from every instance.
Does anybody have a better idea for my issue of central knowledge storage and
is it better to have a separate Jess instance for every agent or have only one
instance for the whole model (in terms of programming and rule writing having
separate Jess instance for every agent is far more simple I suppose).

Many thanks in advance!

Bogdan Werth
Doctoral Researcher Centre for Policy Modelling
The Graduate School of Business
Aytoun Building
Aytoun Street
Manchester