Hi Jason,
I'm also a new to using jess and I have a trouble... You say to use "eq"
to compare objects,symbols and references. I have this problem:

(defrule myRule (myPattern (mySlot slotValue))=>...)

where slotValue isn't a primitive type but a generic java object bounded
to jess variable

How I use "eq" to compare generic objects?

I have used this:

(defrule myRule (myPattern (myslot ?slotValue&:(eq (call ?slotValue
getValue) myPrimitiveValue)))=>...)

but don't works and I think is incorrect however. Can you help me?
Thanks

Camillo