I don't think there's a particular reason in general. Retracting a fact takes only a little longer than asserting one, on average. But if we assume liberal use of "logical", retracting a single fact could result in a sort of "cascade effect" whereby retracting a single fact would result in many other facts, and many activations, being removed also due to dependencies. All of that would take time. Still, your case seems extreme. Maybe there's something pathological about this particular case.