Thank you Ernest.

I am experimenting with the Lehigh university benchmark, where i transfer
OWL TBox into their equivalent rules in Jess, with the logical construct.
Specifically, I am using the dataset and transformations, as used in the
OpenRuleBench <http://rulebench.projects.semwebcentral.org/>.

As for the runtimes, I missed a point about the retractions. The fact is,
even if the session does not contain any rules (no defrules, just
assertions), loading the same set of retractions takes a considerable time.
This indicates that the high runtime is mostly incurred by jess internal
operations.
but still, when the number of changes grows high (say more than 10%) the
runtime is not acceptable, and rerunning with the retracted kb would be
faster.

I have another question as well: what type of truth maintenance method is
implemented in jess? Do you solely rely on the Rete memory nodes and tokens
for this purpose?

--Oli.