Thanks,

runQueryStar() needs at least 2 args - query name and a variable of
valuevector type.
I don't want to pass any variable as shown in TekMark example in  "Jess in
Action"

Iterator result = engine.runQuery("all-products", new ValueVector());

When I pass the same blank valuevector(), it doesn't work.

QueryResult result =
            engine.runQueryStar("list-courses", new ValueVector());

My query is as follows:

(defquery list-courses
    (subject (sub-name ?subname))
    (module (parent-subject ?subname) (mod-name ?modname))
    (topic (parent-module ?modname) (topic-name ?topicname))
    (concept (parent-topic ?topicname) (concept-name ?conceptname))
    (learning-object (parent-concept ?conceptname) (lo-name ?LOname))
)