On 15/03/2003 at 13:28 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I haven't seen this version, but I think the revival of the show stars
that
>famous Australian drag queen actor as Fagin (the one whose Dame Edna
>character has run for decades), Barry --? can't remember his name.  He's
>supposedly quite good.  A kleyne velt.

Dame Edna is the alter ego of Barry Humphries. Oddly enough (or not,
maybe), he's not a "drag queen", but straight as a pin. He's very good, but
Fagin? Hard to imagine, but I'd be dead curious to see that production.

Richard
(Renaissance Man)

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash