Given that even those registering the anti-genre argument (and citing as problematic a handful of obvious crossovers and fusions) use terms most of us would associate with genres in their threads. If the Klezmatics don't play klezmer why do they use a group name that clearly indicates that that is precisely what they do? If we never speak of genres, what is the alternative? Without taxonomy conversations about music or anything else would be vastly more complicated and difficult, in addition to which hunters would have no one to stuff their kills.