From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 1:03 PM
Subject: Internetowe Radio Szalom

> Hello All,
>
> I like to listen to music, especially Jewish music, while I work. A while
ago
> on the list there was a pointer to Internetowe Radio Szalom at
> http://www.platforma.pl/szalom/.
>
> There were some replies to the posting, some tongue in checck comments
> like "there must be a lonely Jew in Poland who is going to all the trouble
> do this", etc. But nothing negative or ominous.
>
> I started listening to this almost every day at work. It was mostly fairly
> familiar, fairly innocuous Jewish music, both religious and secular (Hineh
Ma
> Tov, e.g.)
>
> The other day I was listening to it and was watching the Real Audio scrawl
as
> it switched songs. The next song being played was "Baruch Haba" by a group
> called "L'Chayim B'Yeshua".
>
> This sounds suspiciously like at least some of their content is from one
of
> these Jewish messianic groups.  Have I been scammed all this time? The web
site
> is in Polish, which I don't understand. Is there anybody on the list
either in
> or near Poland (or who understands Polish) who can investigate and shed
some
> light on this?
>
> The naive and forgiving side of me would like to believe that it is in
fact a
> Jewish music site that somehow didn't know what they were playing. The
cynical
> side of me believes otherwise.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dick Rosenberg

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash