VHP's bravery in face of defenceless women and children is boundless. Maybe
they should use this courage to go and fight the naxals in Malkangiri -
after all it was the Maoists who have claimed to kill Swami Laxmananand. Its
interesting how in midst of all this communal propaganda by the VHP and its
allies, the *elephant in the room* - those who claimed to have carried out
the heinous act that has led to this situation, is being *ignored by the
leaders of VHP*. Why are the VHP shifting the blame from Maoists to the
christians. Are they worried that they will be the next to come on the
firing lines of the Maoists, who seem to have vitrually limitless reaching
capacities and take out individuals.

Are they also thinking that it is much safer to target the helpless women
and children rather than someone who could bite back with bullets. Even in
Chattsigarh, tribal youths have been trained to face the naxalites, while
the leadership of the right moves behind z security -saying, chad ja bete
suli par, ham peeche peeche hain.

To imagine that the christian minority of Kandhmal would have the capability
of carrying out an attack with automatic weapons in such an organised
fashion is ridiculous beyond belief. There is only one group in Orissa with
the capacity to carry out such an attack and that is the maoists - as they
have shown time and again including in Nayagarh, Malkangiri and
Koraput.  There were ample warnings that they saw Swami Laxamanand as a
major problem due to his hold on the kui speaking tribals - and therefore
the elimination. To blame the miniscule Christian minority for the deadly
and organised attack  is a well thought out strategy by the VHP leadership -
this means that they can be safe from the maoists while building their
support by targetting minorities.

I just hope that the tribals of Kandhmal could see through this game which
has succeeded in driving a wedge between them and the Panas - with the major
beneficiaries being the non-tribal hindus, most of whom are recent
immigrants from the plains.Many of them see through this, remembering a time
when the Kandhs were the "kings" and the panas their "advisors", but with
many with a vested interest in keeping the tribals and panas divided have
kept the flames burning.

Regards

Kundan