Dear Mr. M.J. Khan
Thank you very much for preparing the agenda and sharing it with the group. I
have 3 specific concerns to the agenda.

There has been a demand for several years to make a provision to include
sufficient percentage (%) of minorities in states’ special police force to
control riots. PAC in UP, BMC in Bihar etc.  It is now understood that during
riot state Police plays vital role and if the police force is bias, which we
have witnessed in several states, then the minorities get more thrashing. The
presence of minorities in these forces will check the atrocities by state
forces.
I will suggest to include this in the agenda.
White paper  about modernization of madrasa. Modernisation of madrasa has been
a topic of discussion among academicians, politicians, secular and religious
scholars.
Firstly we must understand that there are only  4 % (according to Sachar
report) muslim children who go to madrasa. We have to include remaining 96 %
children  in our agenda as clearly as we talk about madrasa going children.
Secondly what do we understand by Modernisation of madrasa? The government
doesn’t have an idea. It talks about modernization, modernization and
modernization but where is white paper for such an important development. What
change we want to bring in the madras and why?
We should also ponder in this and Develop A Roadmap For Reform in the madrasa
education system
The 3rd point which is very important- quality education. for all till 12th
standard (intermediate or 10+2) and upto 18 years of age.
Yes I do understand the importance of the emergence of knowledge societies. And
the quality education is vital to this.
But I have different rout to achieve this. And I beg to differ with Mr. Khan. I
am not in favour of new minority schools/colleges with 85:15 ratio. The
government should provide free & quality education to all. It should be 100 %
govt. funding.

I would rather suggest to let us team up with those individuals, Civil
societies and institutions which are demanding right to education & common
school system (CSS). CSS based on Neighborhood Schooling is the long standing
demand of educationists in India. We must work to get right to quality
education    for all the children up to 18 years of age and upto 12 standard
class. It will give a child an option to go for higher education (medical,
engineering or BA & BSc etc.) or work. What will a child do with 8th standard
education. Only CSS can provide what we want for our children- quality
education for all.

And I believe that CSS  is the only available option in India for sustainable
development of masses
I welcome comment, criticism & suggestion
Reg
Shaheen