Great! I'm not sure I see any easy way around that, so I may just document it for now and fix it in beta 4.

 - Dennis

Daniel Cox wrote:

Thanks for taking time to look at the source. My binding did in fact start with a
class that could not be modified: (java.util.HashMap) as described  in 'Custom
marshallers and unmarshallers' on www.jibx.org.

I simply moved one of the mapping sections that does not require the HashMapper to be
the first binding and all works perfectly now.

The start of my binding.xml:
<binding>
 <!-- this should not be the first mapping section -->
 <mapping class="java.util.HashMap" name="map"
   marshaller="data.HashMapper" unmarshaller="data.HashMapper"/>
 </mapping>

Thanks again,
Daniel.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/02/04 06:13 AM >>>

I haven't seen this happen in my tests, and in looking at the code the only way I can see for it to occur is perhaps if your binding starts out with a <mapping> for a class that can't be modified directly. Can you give the first part of your binding definition? Thanks,

 - Dennis

Daniel Cox wrote:

jibx-beta3b has been working perfectly for me using run-time bindings.
I now need to integrate JiBX into the ANT build process -  and cut/paste the
directions directly from www.jibx.org.

My Java source files are in src/ and the resulting class files go into bin/ which is
then JARed. build.xml is in the parent directory.
./build.xml
./src/package/*.java
./bin/package/*.class

If I run the Binding Compiler manually with java -jar (from the bin/ directory) it
works.

The ANT bind task creates the following files in the current directory (ie. NOT in bin)
- JiBX_MungeAdapter.class
- JiBX_bindingHashMapper_0.class
- JiBX_bindingFactory.class
All other classes are created in the correct package subdirectories of bin/.

How can the ANT script be odified so the bind process will create all files under a
specified path instead of the current directory?

Thankyou,
Daniel C.

From Windows to Linux, servers to mobile, InstallShield X is the one
installation-authoring solution that does it all. Learn more and