Hi Christian,

It's not possible in the general case to have the generated code go
anywhere other than to the bound class. In particular, this is going to
be true for classes that have concrete <mapping> definitions (which are
required for the root elements/objects of your XML documents).

I think you can probably avoid modifying classes which *don't* have
concrete <mapping> definitions if you're only using public fields and/or
get/set methods to access the data, and the classes you're binding have
public constructors. In this case the binding code will go into a
generated "munge" class. You should be able to trigger this behavior by
not giving the binding compiler write access to the class files for
these classes, for instance by creating a jar file containing these
classes and adding that to the binding compiler class path.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA and Web Services in Java
Training and Consulting