Thnx for the reply guys...However I checked Tammy's suggestion, and that
isn't the problem. My generated binding xml looks like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<binding>
  <mapping name="Configuration" class="com.itinq.config.Configuration">
    <namespace uri="http://www.itinq.com/config"; default="elements"/>
    <collection name="ApplicationInfo" field="applicationInfo"
item-type="com.itinq.config.ApplicationInfoType"></collection>
  </mapping>
  <mapping name="ApplicationInfoType"
class="com.itinq.config.ApplicationInfoType">
    <namespace uri="http://www.itinq.com/config"; default="elements"/>
    <value name="ApplicationName" field="applicationName" usage="optional"/>
    <value name="ApplicationVersion" field="applicationVersion"
usage="optional"/>
  </mapping>
</binding>

Like Dennis said, I'd expect jibx to handle a simple scheme like this
without any problems, but unfortunately this isn't the case.
What am I doing wrong here? I already took me two evenings and I can't
figure it out...