So I'm trying to marshal/unmarshal a HashMap and I get the following error
when I compile the jibx xml:

Error: add-method put not found in class java.util.Map; on collection
element at (line 12, col 283, in DepthChart.xml)

Which we know it is. If I take out the add-method declaration, it throws
another error saying I need an add-method or store-method.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using Jibx 1.1 and I'm guessing that Jibx doesn't support the use of
Maps? I noticed that you needed extra jars for this.

Is that correct? If so, I suggest you put something explicit in your docs.
For there is nothing that says "Jibx does not support Maps." Only that it
does support Collections (which I think a Map would be such a thing).

Many thanks,
Carl Furst

MLB.com: Where Baseball is Always On