From: "peter lin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "JMeter Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: HTML Value Extractor

> Hi joseph,
>

> if you can wait for a few days, i will hear back from the developers of
HTMLParser about using it directly, instead of requiring users to download
the jar separately. HTMLParser is licensed under LGPL, so I'm waiting to
hear from them. right now the lead developer/maintainer likes the idea and
we're just waiting for feedback from the others.

> I hope to help make HTMLParser a jakarta project, since I think of plenty
of ways to use HTMLParser within JMeter :)

> if you haven't look at the performance results, HTMLParser appears to
scale linearly and uses less memory when the number of nodes you need to get
are less than 50.

> peter lin
>

> Joseph Fifield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't have an immediate need for the others, but I'm sure some of them
> will come up as the tests grow. I can already think of places I could use
> the HTML Link HRef Extractor.
>
> I started toying with some ideas by using
> o.a.j.protocol.http.parser.HtmlParser.getDOM and looking for matching
nodes.
> I assume this isn't the most efficient way of doing it. I saw some
> references to HTMLParser (http://htmlparser.sourceforge.net) in other
> replies. Is that already included in JMeter? Should I look into using that
> instead?
>
> Joe

It