I'm not convinced a regexp approach would be better
than HtmlParser for a couple of reasons.

- HtmlParser already works on the stream directly
using readers.

- java regexp is decent, but not blazing fast like
perl regexp.

- to make it easy to extend, regexp isn't ideal.

- html is dirty, so a developer would need sufficient
expertise with regexp to get it to work correctly.

- I'm not a regexp guru, but if some one else is
willing to try to write a generalize package for
scanning specific tags that can handle dirty html it
would be great.

- I'd rather write a Html compiler reading the bytes
directly than use regexp.

- HtmlParser is sufficiently fast and efficient that I
think it is a good candidate to replace tidy. Plus I
don't like having to build DOM just to get the images.

I'm open to ideas. If no one objects, I will continue
as planned and complete the new sampler using
HtmlParser.

peter