Hi
you can write a preprocessor or a listener to null out or remove the
variables. I assume you are doing something iteratively?
You might experiment with the reset bsh.interpreter flag
For out of memory

           <jvmarg value="-Xmx1024m"/> -- max Heap size , you have set it to
1 GB

>         <jvmarg value="-XX:MaxPermSize=64m"/> -- max Perm space , should be
> enough

Increasing Xmx may cause the problem to show up later or might even fix it ,
but you should have enough RAM on your machine..

regards
deepak