Greetings!  I'm new to JMeter, and I'm trying to replicate something
that was easy to do back in my LoadRunner days.

For "background" activity when testing specific things, I would create
a LoadRunner script in which a Vuser viewed, say, six different pages.
 I would then parameterize the six URLs, and on each occurrence a URL
would be chosen randomly from a file that contained the 250 most
popular URLs on the site.

In JMeter, I could use a ramdom controller with 250 samplers (one for
each URL) under it, and loop through ten times, but the 250 samplers
seems too unwieldy.  Better, I could have six samplers, and (I think)
use the StringFromFile function to grab a URL on each occurrence -
however, StringFromFile reads lines from a file sequentially.

Is there a relatively efficient way to perform the URL ramdomization
I'd like, without having huge numbers of samplers or multiple data
files?

Thank you for any suggestions!