Angel Herráez a écrit :
However, I am seing that the submenus entries themselves don't accept an image (although
there is the place for it). Any way to do them? I just assumed the same notation, e.g.

# File menu
#
file=newwin open openurl recentFiles exportMenu print \
          - script - close exit
   [...snip...]
openurlImage=openUrlButton.png
exportMenuImage=saveButton.png   #  this is not shown.

Yes, it's just that the code is not done for it.

In org.openscience.jmol.app.Jmol.java, try replacing the line n° 1173:
    JMenu menu = guimap.newJMenu(key);
by the following lines :
    JMenu menu = guimap.newJMenu(key);
    ImageIcon f =
      JmolResourceHandler.getIconX(key + "Image");
    if (f != null) {
      menu.setHorizontalTextPosition(SwingConstants.RIGHT);
      menu.setIcon(f);
    }

Not 100% sure it works, but you can try.
If it doesn't work, I will try to modify the code once you have committed the icons and properties.

And a suggestion : what would you (and everyone else) think of adding
icons also to the popup menu ? (application + applet)

It would be nice, but given the current density of the pop-up menu, I'd rather vote no. Plus,
most of the entries have no assignable icons yet, and inventing and making all will be hard.

I was thinking of only some submenus for example, like the language submenu with language flags, the colors menus, ...

Nico