Sorry, a couple of typos slipped into my previous message:

 jmol-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
is probably equivalent to
 jmol-develop...@lists.sf.net
but I'm not sure. The first one is what I use regularly

The browser detection routine in Jmol.js is
old and does not take Chrome into account, that's what it says you
are using ***Safari***

Your exact version of Java may also be relevant.
I don't use Macs, but other users are knowledgeable about the quirks
there.