I can't find a way to reproduce the exact issue but I can reproduce the
behaviour:

goto http://molview.org
click Jmol > Measurement > Torsion (4 atoms)
click 1st atom
click 2nd atom AND HOLD + DRAG
try to finish your measurement (works sometimes but pre-dotted line is gone)

I'm not sure if there is something else causing this issue too or I'm
dragging the pointer ~1px every time this happens.

I let you know if I find a better method.