On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Spencer Bliven <spencer.bli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would advocate that maven should get a new artifact whenever sourceforge
> gets a new jar. For this reason I've been including the date as part of the
> version number. There is no way to silently replace a previous jar without
> giving it a new version number, so we can't just have a "14.6.2" branch
> that will get updated every week.

I thought that not using the maven standard version numbering (x.y.z) would
make things more difficult for using the artifact. Is it not ?
Maybe using the SNAPSHOT releases until a version is completely finalized ?
(for example, only 14.6.2-SNAPSHOT releases until there's a higher version
number, and then 14.6.2 release is the last in the 14.6.2-SNAPSHOT)