That's what I remember I'm just looking for that.

The ChimeToJmol.js file idea is that it could be placed on any web page that
uses chime, and the page will automatically load Jmol instead. Not fully
worked out, but potentially of use, because that's all there is to it -- no
editing of files other than adding that .js file along with Jmol.js. It has
a function __fixChimeScript that does the minor changes there to be
compatible with Jmol, and it can read the EMBED tags and APPLET tags and
replace them with jmolApplet calls and automatically convert Chime buttons
and older Jmol JmolAppletControl objects to the Jmol.js variety. This is
done on the working page, not at the design/page editing stage. I realize
it's not perfect because there ARE capabilities of Chime that have no
equivalent in Jmol - like "list lone pair"

I thought Chime was gone, but in preparing a chapter I'm writing I found
quite a few sites out there that still use Chime and, of course, are mostly
useless now. Just thought it would be nice to offer such a simple solution
as this.

On a different tack....

In fact, I think I can enter some JavaScript on the command line of a page
I'm viewing that uses Chime, and it will pop into Jmol mode. I haven't
actually tried that.... Here's my first attempt. Go to any Chime page, clip
this into the URL line, and you should see a Jmol applet appear on the page.
Not completely worked out...

javascript:d=document.getElementsByTagName("HEAD")[0];var
node=document.createElement("script");node.setAttribute("id","scriptnode");node.setAttribute("type","text/javascript");node.setAttribute("src","
http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/examples-11/ToJmol.js
");null(d.appendChild(node));

Bob

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Egon Willighagen <
egon.willigha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Robert Hanson <hans...@stolaf.edu> wrote:
> > I know I'm not the first to think of doing this -- what else is out there
> in
> > this regard?
>
> There used to be a script to convert a Chime script into a Jmol
> script... have you used that?
>
> Egon
>
> --
> Post-doc @ Uppsala University
> Proteochemometrics / Bioclipse Group of Prof. Jarl Wikberg
> Homepage: http://egonw.github.com/
> Blog: http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/
> PubList: http://www.citeulike.org/user/egonw/tag/papers

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900