Am 03.08.2010 17:10, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
Hi,

Julien Balas wrote:
I prefere some new data and no comment rather than... nothing.

See, that's the difference between the "data is more important" and the
"community is more important" view. I think that the people count more
than the data they contribute, and if their attitude towards the
community is "I have better things to do than explain my mapping to you
geeks", then I'd rather not have their data.

Fine, so why don't you start your own project and *then* pick the community you like? Remember, OSM is a project to build a free map of the world, not to build a nice community of people sharing the ideas of Frederik.

Of course not everybody who doesn't use changeset comments is arrogant
and selfish - to be arrogant and selfish you must first know that
comments are important for the community and *then* ignore that wish,
and until now, it seems, not everybody knows that.

You failed to explain why changeset comments are soooo important to the community, that it justifies to offend our fellow mappers that not share your point of view.

You call people arrogant, selfish and that "they misbehave" - people that probably provided a large portion of what is now the community you're talking about.

Is it really your strategy to offend anyone not sharing your point of view and build a community on top of that?

Regards, ULFL