On May 24, 1:23 pm, "Erik Beeson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Seems like he's maybe just picking on the competition, though jQuery
> isn't exactly competition. Dojo is a really "heavy" framework compared
> to jQuery and is better suited to a different type of application,
> IMHO.

And that seemed to be his point at first.  It was the switch from Dojo
replaces flash (i.e. full featured and big), jQuery makes JS more
usable to: jQuery is a nightmare to maintain; that really struck me as
odd.

I can not say I have ever used Dojo myself, mostly because of the file
sizes involved to do even the most simple tasks.  But from what I do
know, it compares to jQuery like cars to trains, and I could not see
how making unjustified claims benefits any party unless they are
getting asked if one is an alternative to the other.