I hear what you're saying, Rey... and please don't take my comments
as a knock on the core team or plug-in authors.  I benefit greatly
from the efforts of all you guys without having to pay a dime!

And I know it takes time to test and time is money!

That's why I said I'd be willing to pay a monthly fee to access information
that immediately provided feedback about any current core or plug-in version
and it's relationship to all other core versions and plug-ins and have that
fee go to reimburse the core team and plug-in authors for the time spent
in testing and inputting the test results into the system.  And it would
save
me a lot of time trying to track down the information myself.

I think what we're seeing are natural growing pains of a technology that is
really taking off.  But like any good business, for it to be sustainable,
it's
got to have organization which will allow newcomers to join the community
without
being overwhelmed with the options and compatibilities.

I'd be willing to develop an "information clearinghouse" if it would be
utilized.  It
would greatly help me, if, say, I develop something for a website and a
month
later saw a new feature or plug-in for jQ that I wanted to put into that
month-old
website.  I would like a one-stop location to go to find out in a moment
whether
or not a particular plug-in would require a core upgrade and if plug-ins on
which
the plug-in I want to use is dependent are compatible with a new core
upgrade.

It's just a matter of building a relational database and inputting the
necessary
information.  The core team and plug-in authors could handle that as they
get test
results.

Rick