Well right now my only problem is that the above Jquery code example
in my original post, does not work in Internet Explorer 7.
It does re-write the entire page in Japanese (good enough for my demo,
later I will use a database) in FireFox browser.

Any ideas how to update the Jquery code to work in IE?

        // Load XML document based on language
        var langSheet = "language_sheet_" + country + ".xml"
        $.ajax({
                type: "GET",
                url: langSheet,
                dataType: "xml", // specify the return type as xml
                success: function(xmlDoc){
                        $(xmlDoc).find('subAboutLoc').each(function()
{
                                var item_text = $(this).text();
                                $('#subAboutLoc').text(item_text);