ahhhhh finally i managed to find out what was causing it !!!!!!!

not sure if this is something jQuery can even account for really,
unless I guess if jQuery has been used to update the DOM, but its due
to the ossetParent bug with IE, when an element has been updated via
the DOM it throws an unspecified error...!!

http://weblogs.asp.net/rajbk/archive/2006/11/29/ie-6-7-unspecified-error-when-accessing-offsetparent-javascript.aspx

thanks!