I'm far from an expert but your glossary is using a script to manipulate the DOM. If DOM isn't valid, scripts manipulating it are likely to have problems. A lot of  behind the scenes  repositioning, styling etc  occur to tags in browser when manipulation scripts run so it only makes sense that  tag problems  will cause script problems, resulting in page problems

best guess is after you use glossary, browser isn't able to reassemble DOM exactly, or has memory problems or ......your guess is good as mine

xoail wrote:
Yeah now I see the errors... but what I cant understand is why would
it work when I dont click glossary and directly go to search?

The issue only occurs when glossary is used first and then search but
if I hit search before using glossary, it works fine.

If it had to do with validations, I would assume it wont work at all
irrespective of whether I use glossary or not.. but I could be wrong..
my knowledge of _javascript_ and jquery is very limited so I desperately
need some help...

I am trying to fix some of those errors relating to ID values being
same... if you can think of anything else please do let me know.

Thanks a lot for helping me with this...