Wel...That is what hot-deploy is for...

If you are developing your J2EE apps properly the class loader picks up the
new libraries on deployment.  Read the Jrun docs on how to package your
application (ear file, or war file) and you won't have to restart.

If you are dropping them in {jrun-root}/servers/{SERVER}/SERVER-INF/lib or
{jrun-root}/lib or
{jrun-root}/servers/lib

Then yes you will need a restart, but since you haven't been specific in
your question as to why you would need to do this, I will give you the
benefit of the doubt you have your reasons.  If this is the case you could
try to reverse-engineer the method used by the JMC to start and restart
servers since it is just another method call.

Hope that helps.