-----Original Message-----
From: Java Community Process JSR #277 Expert List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adrian Brock
Sent: Wednesday, 5. December 2007 14:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Thread context class loader...

We already discussed the cyclic dependencies issue.

If I remember the summary correctly:

* We decided it is a problem that always exists including
in the JDK itself.
* Not supporting it would be a barrier to migration
for existing code.
* It isn't really that difficult to support
* We should discourage its use, in the spec
but also an implementation could have something
like a system property that disallows it.

On the "RI" Stanley posted this back in June:

"
Hi experts and observers,

We have just made an early snapshot of the JSR 277 and 294
implementation available through the Modules project on openjdk:

    http://openjdk.java.net/projects/modules/

This snapshot basically covers the basic features described in the
updated specification in JSR 277, and the reflective APIs defined in JSR
294. You should expect the snapshot will be updated periodically going
forwards, as we continue to evolve the implementation and adding many
more functionalities in the next few months.

We will continue to focus our discussions in this EG mailing list for
the JSR 277 specification. For those of you interested in discussing the
implementation in the Modules project, we have made two discussion lists
available to the Java community:

* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical discussion about the implementation of the Modules project

* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
General discussion of the Modules project and how to use modules

If you are interested in discussing the Modules project with its
developers, or in discussing how to use JSR 277 and JSR 294, be a
subscriber today!

- Stanley
"

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 13:48 +0100, Genevski, Pavel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have any comments on my suggestions below ?
> And in addition, can you point me to the source code locations of the
> reference implementation of this JSR ?
>

> Best Regards,
> Pavel Genevski
> Deployment Team