Hi Andy,

Yes, this issue is on the radar of our classloader re-achitecture team (Karen Kinner and Iris Clark are the leads). The current proposed solution would require a custom classloader implementation to implement a few new methods in order to enable parallel classloading to workaround this issue.

In 277, I expect the spec will require the classloaders in the module system implementations to support parallel classloading. If an OSGi container implements the 277 abstractions, the classloaders it exposes through the abstractions must also support parallel classloading.

- Stanley

Andy Piper wrote:
Hi Stanley

Apologies if this has been brought up before, I know that Glyn raised something similar a long time ago.

is scheduled to be fixed in Dolphin. Is this on the radar of your development team? How are you planning to integrate this into 277?

Current OSGi implementations really need this bug fixed in order to be able to support cycles without deadlocks. I expect that any interoperation with OSGi would also mean that 277 would be reliant on this also.

Thanks

andy

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.