I believe that ModuleArchiveInfo.getFileName() would only get you a reference to the metadata file, not the content, and it is allowed to be null as currently defined.

Since Repository implementations should be free to store in whatever format they choose, assuming that a deployment module can be re-constructed from the various apis seems like a very weak alternative to an explicit, well specified "export" method.

// Bryan

Adrian Brock wrote:
Couldn't somebody already do this with
something like:

public void export(Repository repository)
{
   URL repoURL = repository.getSourceLocation();
   for (ModuleArchiveInfo archive : repository.list())
   {
      URL url = createRemotableURL(repoURL, archive.getFileName());
      process(url);
   }
}

Or is the archive's "fileName" only meant to be a logical
identifier?