Klaus, even though you qualify Juenger as a contemplative, non-violent
anarchist, I would still avoid using that word to define him. I understand that
anarch is not a commonly-known definition like anarchist, and so it is simpler
to put Juenger in to the closest known category, with the anarchists. But why
continue with an inaccuracy - why not use his own term, the anarch?  This may
gradually promote awareness of the new concept.

Fundamentally Juenger is not an anarchist, because, at least in my
understanding, every anarchist believes in the possibility of improving
society, through peaceful or violent means. By the time of Eumeswil, Juenger
did not believe that.

To improve society would be to believe in progress - and the anarch
categorically denies that possibility. In fact, to believe in social progress
is a dangerous distraction - it takes one's focus from the fields where one can
really make a difference to others where control is not in our hands, where it
"just happens".In this respect, the idealists, however well-meaning, can
actually be as destructive as the obvious "bad guys".

But as you would surely agree, not believing in social progress doesn't at all
mean the anarch doesn't care for his neighbour and want to help him - but only
where it is actually possible:

"Nicht fuer die Gemeinschaft da sein, sondern
fuer den Naechsten, den Einzelnen. Und was fuer ihn tun. Das Goettliche in ihm
erkennen, dann ordnet sich alles andere – die Gesellschaft auch.SIEBZIG
VERWEHT IV. "

 Simon
http://ernst-juenger.blogspot.com