On 11/02/2017 04:56 AM, Chris Lee wrote:

> A new development release of Juju is here, 2.3-beta2.

2.3 is looking great, and is worth a test run for those of you with
larger models and an interest in cross-model relations.

> ## New and Improved
>
> * Deploying bundles can now target existing machines
>
>    juju deploy some-bundle --use-existing-machines --bundle-machine 3=4

From a D-R-Y perspective, we --dont --need --all --those --options :)

Perhaps just:

  juju deploy --map-machines A=B,C=D

... or some variant of that?

Let's use the betas to refine and condense and clarify.

> * Cross model relations now supports nagios in its own [controller:]model
>

> The nagios and nrpe charms are updated to be cross model relations aware.

\o/ that's going to be very popular very quickly :)

> This means they work in either a single model or cross model scenario.
> For now, the charms are available at cs:~wallyworld but will be
> published to the store soon.

This reminds me, let's action the move from the LP-style branches
('~wallyworld/') to snap-style branches ('foo/stable/wally-test')

> * Autoconfiguration of FAN networking for EC2 and GCE providers
>

> When creating a model in a VPC environment on EC2 or on GCE FAN
> settings (model-config fan-config and container-networking-method)
> will be autoconfigured, and container networking will work
> out-of-the-box.
>

> * Parallelization of the Machine Provisioner
>

> Provisioning of machines is now faster!  Groups of machines will now
> be provisioned in parallel reducing deployment time, especially on
> large bundles.  Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

This is great. Did we also add support for automatic provisioning
retries to handle sporadic cloud failures?

Mark