Martin wrote: "They certainly follow
the relational paradigm pretty closely, which will make Landon happy
8^)   Me too, actually - I don't have anything against the relational
paradigm, and it's certainly a lot more battle-hardened than the object
DBMS world."

It's not that I am a fan of the realtional model. I'm often frustrated
at the limitations of it when I am designing relational databases. If
I have my choice when building a data tracking system from scratch I'd
rather use objects and a Java program than a relational database.
However, I find in my work with OpenJUMP that it is often easier to
associate a new property or function with an existing class than it is
to add it. Maybe if I wasn't working on a huge hunk of legacy code
with a bunch of public interfaces that have already been exposed to
plug-in developers this would be different.

SS