On May 14, 2020 10:06:55 AM HST, cketti <cke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 14.05.20 20:39, David W. Jones wrote:
>> And I echo Andy. Email lists work. They work fine with K-9. Web
>> forums are clumsy.
>
>My statement was about people not being familiar with mailing lists. If
>you prefer mailing lists, the statement obviously doesn't apply to you.
>In the first post I mentioned that you can use the forum like a mailing
>list. So it shouldn't make a difference to you.
>
>What you seem to be saying is that you don't want anything to change
>because it works for you. But what about other people? Should they all
>have to use what works best for you? Isn't a solution that allows you
>use your workflow and others to use a different workflow better
>overall?

I suspect that more people that use mail clients (like K-9) are familiar with
mailing lists than people that don't use mail clients and (I think) more likely
to use web UIs like forums and webmail.

In other words, I think the change to a web forum won't encourage people that
don't use mail clients in the first place to start using mail clients.

Anyway, I loathe web forums and webmail. They're universally clumsy and
inaccessible. But whatever.

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.