yakui_zhao wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 23:54 +0800, Alan Jenkins wrote:
>
>> Alan Jenkins wrote:

>>> No, I still get 20 ACPI interrupts per second.
>>>
>>> I tried without powertop, just in case that was provoking it, but it
>>> still happens:
>>>
>>> a...@alan-eeepc:/sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts$ cat sci; sleep 5; cat sci
>>>    2583
>>>    2680
>>>
>> I did wonder whether this was due to thermal polling.  So look what I
>> found with bisection :-).
>>
> Does the issue still exist if the following commit is reverted?
> Thanks.
>
>> b1569e99c795bf83b4ddf41c4f1c42761ab7f75e is first bad commit

I was waiting for a more detailed request.  It's not immediately obvious
how it should be reverted, given the associated commits which surround it.

Since you asked, I had a go.  I got a lot of merge conflicts, so I had
to keep on reverting other patches.  This fixed it:

      Revert "ACPI: thermal: use .notify method instead of installing
handler directly"
      Revert "ACPI: Adjust Kelvin offset to match local implementation"
      Revert "trivial: Fix misspelling of "Celsius"."
      Revert "proc tty: remove struct tty_operations::read_proc"
      Revert "proc tty: add struct tty_operations::proc_fops"
      Revert "proc 2/2: remove struct proc_dir_entry::owner"
      Revert "thermal: support forcing support for passive cooling"

      Revert "ACPI: update thermal for bus_id removal"
      Revert "ACPI: move thermal trip handling to generic thermal layer"

and then if I un-revert the last two, I can reproduce it again.  I hope
that makes sense :-).

Alan