I have flown well over a dozen different types of taildraggers and some
turn slightly better one way than the other due to alignment issues with
the tailwheel or a little less slack on one tailwheel chain or the
other, but I have never seen a noticeable difference at low speed that
could not be attributed to the tailwheel not moving the same amount in
both directions.

I suggest putting something under the tail so the wheel is off the
ground and having someone in the plane give you full rudder in each
direction while you hold the tailwheel and see if it is really moving
the same amount in both directions while you put some tension against
it.  Also look and see if the wheel is vertical.  I have had issues with
a slight twist to one side.

What kind of tailwheel do you have?  Is it the original plans design or
a modern tailwheel that unlocks and full swivels?  If so, do it unlock
at the same point in both directions?

Are you using some brake on the inside of the sharper turns?

Brian Kraut
904-536-1780
br...@eamanuacturing.com