Definitely buy it ASAP.  I just did that.  Bought an O-200 that only has
1,086 hours on the engine, but has not flown in a decade.  getting it ready
for a test run.  Worst case scenario is that I get a lot of good parts that
still are worth more than what I paid for it.  best case scenario is I get
a working engine.  Yes, money will still be spent on rebuilding carbs,
mags, changing gaskets etc.  But that's a fraction of starting from scratch.

Ray_pilot
New Orleans

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Jeff Scott via KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org